Next Stop, Japan

Next Stop, Japan

5 men sickened after eating poisonous puffer fish

I've always thought eating puffer fish or fugu is not that appealing. It's a rather chewy and bland fish. It is best enjoyed after a good drowning in soy sauce and wasabi. The idea of eating something that is inherently poisonous is what puts me off the most. I know the training regime for fugu chefs is famously rigorous, but why risk it? As these 5 men proved, one wrong cut and that tingling on the tongue is followed by vomiting and your heart stopping.

The restaurant served the banned, poisonous parts after requests from the diners, the official said.

Never mind. These men are just not that smart.

Posted: March 2, 2015 Updated: March 2, 2015

All rights reserved © 1999-2015 Matthew Bystedt